Combustion Analyser Test Point

bp1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friends glow worm 24cxi has recently been serviced and have noticed a slight difference after the service and wanted to check to ensure that it is not something significant.

The Combustion Analyser Test Point on the Flue use to have a glowing pale blue colour emanating from it and after the service is now colourless. Is this something to be concerned about?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
??

i've never seen an analyzer point that glows.

Are you sure your not looking at the power light

All the CXi's I come across have a solid creamy/biege cap on the flue test point.

Sponsored Links
We've fitted loads of these, never seen a blue test point yet

You sure he's not getting confused with the condensate trap cleaning cap? ....they were blue, then changed to yellow (AFAIR) but perhaps are now clear? It's underneath the boiler. Combustion test point in on top of the boiler.

Thanks for all the responses, I guess I will pop along to the opticians. As to the response from mickyg, if you are considering becoming a comedian, can I suggest that you do not give up the day job. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back