COMBUSTION CHAMBER SEAL?

Sponsored Links
Trouble is you see - knowing who is and isn't competent (merely having a certificate means nothing)

I don't want to be ripped off for someone to remove a perished seal and stick a new one in its place.

I would really appreciate it (if you know of course) of a reputable spare parts supplier where I can obtain this 6 foot of sticky back foam.

Of course, if this doesn't do the trick I will call an enginner if they actually have to work inside the boiler.

That's the problem in a nutshell mate, they can have qualification coming out their ears & know FA about the practical side of gas work. Even worse, any ex-milkman course cowboy will know nothing about boilers, but on paper is qualified to work on them..........The whole thing is a complete joke!!!
There's more risk to lives with a course cowboy than there would be with a guy that's got tons of experience & no qualification.

I got excluded from the combustion chamber pot(the section of this forum where guys that think they know it all kiss each other's rsoles) for holding these views........ ;)

Ps. DaftyDIYers should not touch a boiler or gas installations, most can't tie their own shoe laces.

I doubt that the fault you describe has anything to do with the combustion seal. If it's perished then yes it needs replacing, but I think your fault will still remain a problem.

Sponsored Links
The case seal is meant to be a higher temperature type which withstands the temperatures in that application.

But as you have contract just pester them to replace the case seal as you are paying them for that.

But I also agree that its unlikely to be the cause of any boiler problem. But it is still a safety issue if damaged.

Tony

Positive pressure boilers still have the fan at the top.

Can a mod possibly do their job and lock this thread.

Simple forum rules. No diy gas advice

Ok I don't want gas advice.

Latest from Homeserve / Valiant group is that the part is obsolete (it's not) and they won't come out.

I have given them seven days to refund my premium in full or I'll go to the small claims court.

They are an utter joke.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back