Come on Tony, you know the PD rules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Meanwhile, in Manchester :rolleyes:

"A mother has been told she needs planning permission for her daughter's wendy house - because it is so tall."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/37794744

JS103341696.jpg

Sponsored Links
Haha. My local pub used to have two of those and went through a similar dispute. They now have 4 having taken a saw to two originals and chopped them through the middle.

Meanwhile, in Manchester :rolleyes:

"A mother has been told she needs planning permission for her daughter's wendy house - because it is so tall."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/37794744

JS103341696.jpg
How dare you splash my work all over the internet!!!!!
You'll be hearing from my solicitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I think most neighbours would find that objectionable. Perhaps not so much for the height, but for the fact that she has turned the garden into what is effectively a playground.
There are three swings attached to it as well as the slide, and one can imagine the mayhem at weekends, summer evenings and school holidays when half the neighbourhood's children turn up.

Sponsored Links
I saw the company that manufacturers them at the Grand Designs in Birmingham last weekend. They cost about £7k and I was told that because they are regarded as temporary structures, they dont need planning permission, and also because they do not exceed 4m in height...or was it 3.2m.

I guess the ridge line is not the issue but the fact that the child can stand almost at the highest point and overlook the garden. No different to someone looking from a first floor bedroom window surely?

What about tree houses - need pp for those too?!

What about tree houses - need pp for those too?!
Yes...

Verandas, balconies and raised platforms are not permitted development and will require planning permission.
A raised platform is any platform with a height greater than 300 millimetres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back