Cometh the hour Cometh the Man .....Boris vs Coronavirus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you think of anyone better to tackle this problem ? ......like him or loathe him at least he's dynamic and not static in dealing with this.

£330,000,000,000 in support !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Top man but I’m sure the usual suspects will be along any minute now to poo poo the idea. :cautious:

It could have been worse, Trump has set a low bar as per usual. I'm not sure how he's been more dynamic or forward thinking than any other PM/President/etc.

Sponsored Links
Like I said......

Operation last gasp

ETTBmoCXkAE3cK5

He's also declared that no businesses in the retail sector need to pay business rates this year :)

He's also declared that no businesses in the retail sector need to pay business rates this year :)
That will certainly help, although I think a fair few wont survive without a cash injection.
The high street needs radical change

Independant shops, cafes, takeaways are going to have a huge cashflow problem. Rent, rates and wages are their major outgoings.
This is a sector already really struggling.

I realise its peoples livlehoods, but I cant help thinking we have too many chickens shops in this country.

I am. Still. Supporting my local. Cafe. :cool:
Run by turks

There were only 3 customers in there
Every one else has run up. The white flag

Most likely remoaners :LOL: that's what they do

S*** hits the fan and they do a runner

My great uncle was at Stalingrad fighting for democracy :sneaky:

What about the self employed?

Andy
Yeah, its gonna be really tough, I think the self employed will need to have financial help available.

Ive heard interest free loans being offered as an option, but my fear is that they will come with personal guarantees and people will end up losing their homes.

https://twitter.com/richardhorton1/status/1239807835984273408

It said it took a study from Imperial to understand the likely burden of COVID-19 on the NHS. But read the first paper we published on COVID-19 on Jan 24. 32% admitted to ITU with 15% mortality. We have wasted 7 weeks. This crisis was entirely preventable.

Bojo been sitting on his hands and now this is a pea shooter response.

Sponsored Links
Back