Coming home 2

Sponsored Links
1710714898809.png

Sponsored Links
I've been in one. Nothing like you'd expect it to be. Tiny. Cramped. Just 2 seats either side of the aisle.

I've been in one. Nothing like you'd expect it to be. Tiny. Cramped. Just 2 seats either side of the aisle.

I visited one at Heathrow, completely in awe of it walking under the wings and being up close for the first time, but as you say, the interior was a little underwhelming.

I visited one at Heathrow, completely in awe of it walking under the wings and being up close for the first time, but as you say, the interior was a little underwhelming.
Yeah, one thing I remember was that hanging down underneath it was what looked like a tiny outboard motor with a propeller on it. I was told that it wasn't a propellor in case of a landing on water but it was a wind generator so that in the event of a catastrophic electrical power outage, that thing dropped down and it could generate enough power to control things with.

As I'd be in there for less than 3 hrs - on the trip to NY - I could live with that :)

Wouldn't fancy flying in it, I could never get me head round the fact it was something like 2 feet longer when flying supersonic, I'd be worrying about all the rivets falling out. o_O

Wouldn't fancy flying in it, I could never get me head round the fact it was something like 2 feet longer when flying supersonic, I'd be worrying about all the rivets falling out. o_O

A mate was due to go to NY, for a wedding, not long after 9/11.

He was so worried, he was looking at rebooking on a cruise liner instead of flying.

I told him that I'd rather be killed quickly at 35000 ft, than be cold and miserable until I drowned (y)

Went to a funeral last year, there were a number of retired Concorde cabin crew there, they were limited to how many flights they did due to the higher radiation exposure, they also told me that all their former colleagues had some form of cancer

Sponsored Links
Back