Flammable cladding

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Dear god, not again

"Fears of new UK cladding crisis after blaze destroys timber-frame homes
Barnet council finds 580 houses with similar panels that can spread fire and warns they are ‘tip of the iceberg’

2133.jpg

Sponsored Links
Oh hell these Labour controlled councils - its so awful. If you want a hint go their website and click on languages. I did have to laugh when I could get it in Welsh. Can you pick another that is so indicative of the waste that comes with this authority?

Some tw@ ignores fire safety and posts irrelevant nonsense.

Don't be silly John. The Council is responsible for building control you know.

Sponsored Links
Don't be silly John. The Council is responsible for building control you know.
building control follow the building regulations developed and approved by central govt

Anyway how do you know it wasn’t private building control that were involved.

The failure of fire safety goes back years covering both Conservative and Labour periods, AFAIK.

Trying too hard now.

Private building control are you suggesting they didn't work to the same regulations?

Although it is of course bad, but aren't all timber-framed buildings already a fire risk?

Although it is of course bad, but aren't all timber-framed buildings already a fire risk?
Like the spark who argued with me that the recessed lights in the lounge were not fire rated and could spread fire to upstairs.

I took him into the hall and showed him the gaping hole in the ceiling where the staircase was.
He didn't get it.

Or the surveyor telling me that a consumer unit mounted on a timber board was a huge fire risk.

Didn't like to mention to him all the joists and floorboards in the place....

"The tip of the iceberg".
Last time I tried, I couldn't get one to light.

The recent fire at a block of flats in Valencia is being blamed on flammable cladding. Evil stuff. The firm who put that on the Grenfell Tower should be in jail.

The recent fire at a block of flats in Valencia is being blamed on flammable cladding. Evil stuff. The firm who put that on the Grenfell Tower should be in jail.
There's a whole string of people that should be

From those that produce it, sold it to those that fitted it and approved it.

But we all know that ain't never gonna happen.

Instead, mealy-mouthed people will claim that lessons will be learnt.

Until the next time, of course.

Sponsored Links
Back