Commercial Boiler fitted in a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it new in the box or fairly new...how much as I'm interested if it's going to be sold.
Serial number if you have so it can be dated.

Serial no is 21083500100041390006005156N3
The boiler was previously installed in a nursing home for around 6-8 months before it got taken out and was bought by me. It was in fully working order. I've had it in proper storage for around a year. It should still work I hope lol. I have the brackets, 2 piece flue and obviously the boiler. I've had a bit of interest since I mentioned to a few people that I have this boiler for sale. No idea about the price but feel free to make me an offer, obviously I want to try and get the best deal I can so I don't have to fork out too much for my boiler.

Boiler is in immaculate condition.. Almost as if you've taken it out the box

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I just realised I have an 80 kW boiler sitting in my garage. It can modulate down to 7kw.

With a heat loss of 11 or 12kw I should be laughing.

Coupled with my 300 litre thermal store with its 100kW plate I should be able to provide enough hot water for most of the street :LOL:

Seriously, I do have these things :LOL: might stretch my U6 meter a little though. :p

I just realised I have an 80 kW boiler sitting in my garage. It can modulate down to 7kw.

With a heat loss of 11 or 12kw I should be laughing.

Coupled with my 300 litre thermal store with its 100kW plate I should be able to provide enough hot water for most of the street :LOL:

Seriously, I do have these things :LOL: might stretch my U6 meter a little though. :p
It will overstretch the meter. However it would not be drawing more gas than the rated maximum of the meter for long, as it should modulate down very quickly. Domestic gas meters have a built in safety level of overload. You can safely draw more than the stated maximum for bursts without any problems to the meter's innards.

Domestic gas meters have a built in safety level of overload. You can safely draw more than the stated maximum for bursts without any problems to the meter's innards.

Oh dear!
Yes. Oh Dear! They have a built in safety limit so the meter does not rip itself apart if it passes more than 6 cu metres/hr and needs replacing. They do not like you going over the stated rate though. The old Gas Board would have U6 meters run at 50% overload as standard. In other words they would allow a U6 to pass 9 meter/hr of gas. That was possible with town gas, and was alleviate when natural gas came about. Before the U6 and U16 meters became the two standards, they had 100 cu/foot hr, 200 (U6 size), 250, 350 etc, depending on appliance load. Each area Gas Board never used the same meter ranges. British Gas do not allow to go over the U6's limit and only go to 6. Obviously wanting to get money charging for the next size meters up. I knew a guy who sized meters for the old Gas Board and that is what they did. Oh dear!

I am sure the boiler can be derated somehow, most are. If I had a 70-80 kilowatt modulating boiler I would fit it to a U6 meter. I would not tell them though. ;) The only problem is that the meter may make a racket on full belt.

Now you know. ;)

Well so far you advocate:

Oversized boilers
Undersized meters,
Dead heading pumps
Sub Part L compliant controls
Installing commercial appliances in domestic properties with no regard for future maintenance/legalities
Ignoring manufacturer's instructions.

All without the basic understanding of boiler cycling and property heat loss.

How many days a year does a house with a rated heatloss of 12kW actually need that level?

Still waiting for an answer on that one.

Come on... chop chop. We're waiting.

Dan_Robinson";p="3131222 said:
Well so far you advocate:

• Oversized boilers - NO I do not. But one that can modulate down to the levels you need is fine.
  • Undersized meters, - No. just getting around British Gas or whoever runs the meters these days, rip-offness.
    [*]Dead heading pumps - NO. I have never said do that.
    Sub Part L compliant controls NO
    [*]Installing commercial appliances in domestic properties with no regard for future maintenance/legalities - NO. Fitting domestic sized boiler in domestic premises.
    [*]Ignoring manufacturer's instructions. - They do not override the law and are a guide most of the time. I advocate ignoring their rip-off methods.

You have no idea of how systems and boilers work above the simple type, that is for sure. You do not think much and follow what you have done before.

If you know all the answers you would not be asking questions..or insulting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back