Commercial Boiler fitted in a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let just say that the boiler will be fine (it wont)

A low loss header extra pipe and pump = £400 at least
Extra labour to fit said LLH = £100
A commercial lad to fit it (it does need one it aint a argument)= at least £200 more than a domestic

So there's £700 at least extra to use the boiler you have

OR

Buy the correct sized boiler say 24kw at most = £700
Ebay the big fella = - £400 (at least)

You now have to correct sized boiler and saved £300 also have the option for BG cover, a manufactures warranty, easier to find people to work on it, less complex system, smaller servicing costs and probably smaller running costs!!!!!

Sponsored Links
A low loss header extra pipe and pump = £400 at least
The pump is inside the boiler. The header can be made up from fittings.

It will be cheap as he already has the boiler. It is best he has two heating zones, both taken off the header using smart pumps and TRVs all around. Using the header is the cheapest route.

Sweet Jesus really?

NGI is talking about a system pump. But you are talking about 2 of the flockers.

Quite how television comes into it I don't know, but then we don't know what meds you are on.

Care to answer my, or Steelmason's questions? Can you correctly size a header?

Sponsored Links
He has got the wrong idea about the pump because of that diagram he posted up many pages ago!

Is this still going on,,,, that said Alex, don't panic just like you, apart from one, none of the posters so far could fit it either, one even has your mentality and crushes gas pipes to get them behind soil stacks and uses beer hose for his condense discharge!!!!!

Dan. Can you get away with 15mm on the gas on these????? ;)

Is this still going on,,,, that said Alex, don't panic just like you, apart from one, none of the posters so far could fit it either, one even has your mentality and crushes gas pipes to get them behind soil stacks and uses beer hose for his condense discharge!!!!!

Dan. Can you get away with 15mm on the gas on these????? ;)
It was not only me that noticed the unprofessional attitude of these people. Some of them really do not have much of a clue. They can't count.

To the OP. Go ahead and fit the boiler using a low-loss header. None here have come out with anything sensible. Many are still going on that it is a fixed 46 kilowatt so will cycle every minute or so. Your boiler modulates down to around 12 kilowatts which is fine for your house. I am sure it needs more. It will ramp up to much more than 12 kilowatts to give a very fast warm up and then modulate down to the minimum. Go for it!

To be honest though, i wouldn't, it may well modulate down to 12kw (in reality I find it a little bit higher) but the initial burn is more than 12kw, so even if you pipe it into a header it'll cycle like mad presuming you can size a header or use the off the peg 45kw one which again I find to be crap!
Now you can down rate the boiler but slightly pointless in fitting a big boiler if you don't need.
Ideally you'd want to fit a Vr10 to the header and a 630 commercial controller to get the best out of it, but hey what do I know.

As for the who har, yep it's a commercial boiler, cant be fitted by a domestic only guy but also can't be fitted by a sole commercial guy. Installer will need both sets of tickets to actually meet the regs.

Anyone else mentioned that this boiler lacks a key system part which will need to be calculated and added in addition to the boiler which normally in most domestic boilers (intergas being the exception) is already built in?

i am staying away from this thread, starting another one to address the fundamental problem of the public thinking they know everything..

but surely they would not forget the expansion vessel?

I am sure that someone who can forget a pump can forget an EXV too!

IG that I fitted this week had one!

FFS guys it's simple!!!!

Keep the boiler!

Build an outdoor swimming pool heated by the boiler and tap into next doors heating, I think they would appreciate it.

Would have been better if it was a 40kW Intergas. ;)

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back