Commercial Boiler fitted in a house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I see progress on this thread.. Thanks to everyone that's contributed
:).. I have already upgraded my gas pipework to 28mm as I had some gas work done previously and it was a possibility I was going to fit this boiler in so took the chance then to upgrade.. Despite some support for the 46kw boiler I am leaning towards selling the beast for something more tamer

You would have to be mentally deficient to install a boiler that had a MINIMUM output of 12kW in a house that probably has a maximum heat requirement of 18kW or so.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'd take Dans advice.
Which was bo11ocks !! (his terminology) I just looked up the boiler specifications. The boiler can go as low as 12.3 kilowatts. It is perfectly suitable for a 5 bedroom house. This boiler is perfectly suitable for a house like that. Use a low loss header and it will have a constant flow through the boiler at all times.

To the OP please use some common sense and not go by off the cuff comments by someone who may be on the wind up. Your boiler can go as low as 12.3 kilowatts which is about right for your house. You can ditch a perfectly good boiler if you like. That is your choice as it is your money. I would keep it as you got a new boiler for peanuts.

Vaillant may call it commercial - I don't know why, but probably to hype up the selling price. Gasafe say only those over 70 kilowatts are commercial.

http://www.vaillantcommercial.co.uk/products/ecotec-46-65-kw-output-wall-hung-condensing-boilers/

Someone was one about a large buffer to absorb the full 43 kilowatts. Isn't that a thermal store? That would replace the planned unvented cylinder.

Thanks Alex.. I appreciate your comments.. I posted mine before reading your last comment.. Certainly given me something to to think about

Sponsored Links
sell it on ebay, you could probably get more for that then what you can pay for a correctly sized equally used boiler so you'll still be quids in with a better suited boiler. You have to remember that for most of the year you may only need several KW. The calculations we use cater for it being -1 or -3 outside. So your 46kw boiler will be massively oversized. A header wont cure the cycling just give it a longer initial burn and correct flow rate.

You would have to be mentally deficient to install a boiler that had a MINIMUM output of 12kW in a house that probably has a maximum heat requirement of 18kW or so.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
You have been on the whiskey or taking the pee out of the OP. The boiler can give 18 kilowatts. It can give 46 if you like. But it will NOT sit there switching on and off giving out 46kW as it can go down to 12.

Have you any idea about Heatloss calculations?

Because if you think a 46kW boiler modulating down to 12 kW isn't going to spend most of the year bouncing on and off in a 5 bed semi then you should just give up now.

LLH header my arse.

sell it on ebay, you could probably get more for that then what you can pay for a correctly sized equally used boiler
The boiler can go down to 12 kilowatts. He will not be using 46 kilowatts.

You have to remember that for most of the year you may only need several KW.
He can fit a low loss header with good insulation and maybe have a pipe thermostat in it to keep it from cycling (which it probably will not and the temperature stable - need to speak to makers on that or look in instructions).

I would keep it.

Not to mention it is a commercial fricking boiler in a domestic environment, so needs to be fitted by a commercial registered engineer - because Vaillant say so.

I'm getting the popcorn in.
It's going to be a long night.........

He can fit a low loss header with good insulation and maybe have a pipe thermostat in it to keep it from cycling (which it probably will not and the temperature stable - need to speak to makers on that or lo0ok in instructions).

I would keep it.

He would HAVE to fit a LLH as it is a requirement of the instructions - which i do have and have read.

Why do you think a fricking pipe stat in a LLH is going A) stop a grossly oversized boiler from cycling; and B) fit inside a LLH.

Surely you would by a VR10 for the header and connect it to the appropriate terminals in the boiler controller?

Like I said - jog on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back