common sense approach

Sponsored Links
NO, won't, not going to, can't make me.

Talk to Transam, we're discussing what he started

Show us this regulation that you claim is being imposed.

talk to Worcestor Bosch . If you need more info, specifically Martin Bridges director of Marketing and technical support at W.B

He wrote the article in this months gas safe installers publication.;)

which I quoted from ;)

dare say u can google a contact number or email address :idea:

Let us know how you get on ;)

:p:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::p

way R bee may be able to assist you :idea:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The truth about EU Banana regulations.
They do exist and they do mention bendy bananas.
They dont however ban bananas.

The European Commission itself admits that it’s partially true that Brussels is meddling with our beloved bananas. But you will also be pleased to know that the directive itself points out that the purpose is not to ‘impede the free circulation of bananas in the Community’

In other words the EU wants to allow the free movement of Bananas :mrgreen:

COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) No 1333/2011
of 19 December 2011
laying down marketing standards for bananas, rules on the verification of compliance with those
marketing standards and requirements for notifications in the banana sector

In all classes, subject to the special provisions for each class and the tolerances allowed, the bananas must be:
— green and unripened,
— intact,
— firm,
— sound; produce affected by rotting or deterioration such as to make it unfit for consumption is excluded,
— clean, practically free from visible foreign matter,
— practically free from pests,
— practically free from damage caused by pests,
— with the stalk intact, without bending, fungal damage or dessication,
— with pistils removed,
— free from malformation or abnormal curvature of the fingers,
— practically free from bruises,
— practically free from damage due to low temperatures,
— free from abnormal external moisture,
— free from any foreign smell and/or taste.
In addition, hands and clusters (parts of hands) must include:
— a sufficient portion of crown of normal colouring, sound and free from fungal contamination,
— a cleanly cut crown, not beveled or torn, with no stalk fragments.

What's wrong with the old pumps? What will be so special about the new ones?

Maybe it's possible that some enterprising people will refurbish the old pumps to keep the boilers running. Bit like companies who re-con car alternators and starters. Seems a waste to throw pumps away when often all they need is a capacitor or bearing.

Only today I had the EU Police knock on the door wanting to check the wattage of my toaster.

Luckily they didn't notice I had fitted a British 10kW element in it.

You couldn't make it up - oh wait a minute.

My parents are taking a risk. In the 60s, they bought one of those extra large sized 100W light bulbs you used to be able to get before Euronazis were invented. Anyway, they fitted it in the ceiling light of their garage, and it's still there - working!

I expect soon the enviro police will soon have helicopters up with heat-seeking equipment to find those still using incandescent bulbs.

Last edited:
Yes, old type bulbs are available in many places - even our local, independent pound shop. I wouldn't use anything else. Gave up on the energy efficient bulbs. So slow and dim (no offence liberals/LWRs). Hopeless for reading, but the tree-hugger bulbs are just passable in a table lamp.

The latest LED bulbs are pretty much as bright as incandescant bulbs and with an acceptable colour temperature.

I recently replaced 35watt halogen SES candle bulbs with 4.5W filament dimmable LEDS and they are really good, a new dimmer allows them to dim down to almost nothing.

In orangeries we now only fit LED downlighters. Going from 50 watt GU10 halogen to 7watt LED is a no brainer really now that colour temp, reliability, compatible dimmers are all available.

I used some 5 watt non dimmable from toolstation recently, and they are so damned bright, they need dimming. They're a nice cool white, and make incandescants look useless.

But suppose you need the equivalent of a 100w bulb? I've got a couple of 150w light bulbs in my spares. One day they'll be valuable!

Sponsored Links
Back