common sense approach

No.
I am somewhat incredulous though, that what is self-evident is documented in such detail.
You mean you are surprised that people trading commodities in vast volumes prefer to say "twenty tons of grade 1" rather than to list the characteristics in great detail in every order?

Have you ever bought a BS1363 plug? How did you specify it, and how did the retailer know that the ones he stocked would fit?

Sponsored Links
I was talking about the person in the supermarket.
And, introducing technicalities of a plug as a comparable situation to purchasing a banana (or a bunch of them) is a strawman.

The person in the supermarket is affected (not really the right word) by only being able to buy top grade produce because that is all the supermarket will buy and stock because the person in the supermarket will not buy second rate produce that is not in top grade condition.

Sponsored Links
Does this blow a gaping hole in **** end's reason for leaving the EU:
Britain's standards body is calling on ministers to commit to staying in the European regime that sets industry-wide business standards after Brexit.
Some manufacturers fear rules could be changed to make it harder for UK firms to compete when they export to Europe.
Without a clear commitment to two Europe-wide standards bodies - called the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) and the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardisation (CENELEC) - BSI believes the UK could be forced out of them.
f the UK refused to adopt European standards, or set new standards in conflict with the European ones, it would have to leave.
Neither CEN nor CENELEC are run by the EU
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42439695

Mightyblab's considered and professional response?
You might as well have said, "Eh?"

It is a considered and professional response, the answer is NO.

I cant answer for Blighymam, you will have to ask her yourself

Mightyblab's considered and professional response?
You might as well have said, "Eh

Er no, there would be no point saying Eh?.......the correct answer is NO (y) -the answer is as per the thread title: common sense

Sponsored Links
Back