Communal Changing Rooms

I think that communal changing areas are only a problem if you think they're a problem. For years I used to take my kids to a pool with these areas and none of us gave it a second thought.

Sponsored Links
I agree, it can be a little uncomfortable sometimes but I find it a good idea with young children.

I am faced with the dilemma of which changing room do I send my young boys into.

I dont want to send them them alone into the mens changing room.

Yet, the eldest has turned ten and at some point, ladies will not want him there in open ladies changing facilities.

So, the communal thing, with cubicles, is the answer for me and my kids.

There are usually bigger family changing rooms which are excellent.

I hate coomunal changing rooms in shops, where they are straight off the shop floor!!

the curtain never fits and at any moment someone might pull the curtain back.

I must say also, that my boys have crawled along on their tummies looking under every curtain to see which one im in.
Thank goodness the other people found it funny and didnt get annoyed to see little faces appearing under the door! :oops:

Why does anyone care about nakedness? We're all part of the same human race with the same bits and pieces.

Sponsored Links
I dont think its simply the nakedness, its the context, the situation.

nudist beaches are not sexual.
Cossies are not meant to be sexual in a swimming pool.

doctors examining patients is not sexual.

However, in another contaxt, nakedness IS sexy.

Getting changed from clothes into cossie is the 'awkward' bit.

Doctors dont sit there watching you undress... they come in when you are changed.
to avoid that 'awkwardness.

so I can understand how the girl adjusting her cossies caused embarrassment, as opposed to simply seeing her in her cossie would not have done.

its not the nakedness itself, its the other bits that cause us discomfort.

It must be a woman thing - I really couldn't care less.

toffee said:
I dont want to send them them alone into the mens changing room.

Yet, the eldest has turned ten :
I shouldn't think there's an issue there really. When I started taking my two sons they were both under 7 and if there was a queue for me to pay they would race down to the changing-rooms, get changed in the communal male bit and wait for me only because they weren't allowed in the pool unsupervised.

Sponsored Links
Back