Pictures of girl found in her killer's cell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sickening! I'm effing sick of reading these stories about criminals and their cushy life inside. I've got a few questions...

WHY are scum allowed ANY newspapers/magazines in prison?
WHY are they allowed ANYTHING... breath included?!?!?
WHY when this happened, 'After Whiting was convicted, it emerged that he had kidnapped and sexually assaulted a nine-year-old girl five years earlier', wasn't he locked away forever? I mean, how can a society release a paedophile back into the community? HOW? WHY?
On the subject of 'Parole'... 'Behaviour in prison is one of the factors considered by the Parole Board in their decision-making.', Sack the lot of them. ALL OF THEM!!! You should serve whatever sentence is passed down to you (sentencing is a joke in this country but that's another topic all together!). If your behaviour was 'good' before you went to prison you wouldn't be there in the first place... ABOLISH PAROLE!!!

I'm absolutely seething about this!
The man convicted of murdering schoolgirl Sarah Payne was found with pictures of her in his cell, it was revealed tonight.

Roy Whiting, 51, had newspaper and magazine cuttings about the eight-year-old and other young girls in his cell at Wakefield Prison in West Yorkshire. The disturbing discovery was made during a routine search and detailed in a prison report seen by the Sunday Mirror. The newspaper quoted the 2009 report as saying: 'It is of serious concern that the security information indicates hidden newspaper cuttings of Mr Whiting's victim and young girls were discovered during a cell search. 'It appears that his interest in young girls continues to be evident within the prison environment.' The report said that Whiting refused to accept responsibility for Sarah's murder. He killed her in 2000. She vanished while playing with her brothers and sister in a field near her grandparents' house in Littlehampton, West Sussex. Search teams looked for 16 days before her body was found 12 miles away. After Whiting was convicted, it emerged that he had kidnapped and sexually assaulted a nine-year-old girl five years earlier. Since the murder, her mother, Sara Payne, has campaigned tirelessly for victims' rights and for a change in the law to publicise where sex offenders live. She was made an MBE for services to child protection in 2008 and held the position of Victims' Champion for one year. A Prison Service spokeswoman said: 'We don't comment on individual cases. 'Where inappropriate materials are found in prisoners' cells they are immediately removed and the prisoner may be subject to disciplinary proceedings. 'Behaviour in prison is one of the factors considered by the Parole Board in their decision-making.'

Sponsored Links
He'll never come out. He's there until he dies. Sooner the better. Hard labour is what they need. No work - no food, no heat.

He'll never come out. He's there until he dies. Sooner the better. Hard labour is what they need. No work - no food, no heat.
Agreed Joe but if they'd kept the B*stard in after the first attack Sarah would still be enjoying her life today.

Sponsored Links
you just have to wonder if sick minds can ever be corrected. once a person has gone down this route, and for whatever reason, will they ever be safe to be released into the community? i doubt it, which leaves the problem of just what can be done with them.
all possible solutions currently available involve huge price tags, picked up by those who haven't committed the crimes, which is unfair.
should they be forced to work to pay for their own upkeep whilst doing time? i say yes. and if they don't work, then they won't earn their food. if they starve to death, no loss.
nothing wrong with chain gangs, and the prospect of years of hard labour would deter many a would-be criminal, since many commit (financial)crimes in order to avoid working in the first place.

i was heavily involved in that case in my former career. He even said that he knew the only reason he got convicted the first time round was that he hadnt killed the child and had been identified.

He is an evil man and he should rot in hell. I was there on the day her body was exhumed, it still haunts me today :cry:

i was heavily involved in that case in my former career. He even said that he knew the only reason he got convicted the first time round was that he hadnt killed the child and had been identified. He is an evil man and he should rot in hell. I was there on the day her body was exhumed, it still haunts me today :cry:
In which case, I withdraw my comments and apologise. In retrospect, this isn't the place for it.

Thats chilling Thermo.

He knew what he was doing then with regard to hiding his tracks.

it's obviously very easy to overlook the fact that in the aftermath of these awful events, someone has the unpleasant task of dealing with the consequences. not to be taken lightly, or underestimated.

You keep talking about did he deserve to even breath or he should die in jail and so on , but the moment someone mentions capital punishment, the freedom/human right brigade comes out.

He should have had his head off when he was found guilty, like they do in the good old east :LOL: ;)

But no, lets give the criminals rights because were such a free and caring society :rolleyes: .

but you choose to follow your own made up laws :confused:

You keep talking about did he deserve to even breath or he should die in jail and so on , but the moment someone mentions capital punishment, the freedom/human right brigade comes out.

He should have had his head off when he was found guilty, like they do in the good old east :LOL: ;)

But no, lets give the criminals rights because were such a free and caring society :rolleyes: .

but you choose to follow your own made up laws :confused:
Who is this 'YOU' that you keep mentioning? No one in this thread has said ANY of what you have written.

take no notice of him, blas. his other 'useful' post got removed by our ever-vigilant mods. after a nudge.

surely there's a quarry somewhere where they can be put to break rocks?

With a couple of highly trained dog handlers around the rim to stop anyone even trying to escape.
Sounds good to me.
There'd be no shortage of volunteers for those posts I bet.

He is an evil man and he should rot in hell. I was there on the day her body was exhumed, it still haunts me today

With the exception of one or two on here Thermo you will find we all agree with the first part of your comment. As to the second part, take comfort in the knowledge you helped bring closure to her family by them being allowed to bury her unlike Keith Bennets poor mum.

surely there's a quarry somewhere where they can be put to break rocks?

With a couple of highly trained dog handlers around the rim to stop anyone even trying to escape.
Sounds good to me.
There'd be no shortage of volunteers for those posts I bet.

He is an evil man and he should rot in hell. I was there on the day her body was exhumed, it still haunts me today

With the exception of one or two on here Thermo you will find we all agree with the first part of your comment. As to the second part, take comfort in the knowledge you helped bring closure to her family by them being allowed to bury her unlike Keith Bennets poor mum.

Thanks conny. one of the most difficult things i was involved with and frustrating. We knew from very early on, but he was an evil slippery bastard. Spent 2 weeks working 18-20 hour days out searching until she was found. They found me asleep standing up in the shower at work i was so knackered one day, and most of the other guys were like that. No-one took a day off. Never forget the moment she was lifted out of where he left her. Literally 100s of people near by press etc. You could have heard a pin drop. I remember looking around and see guys i had worked with for years as tough as old boots with tears streaming down their faces. My daughter was 8 years old at the time. I remember getting home and just collapsing in tears when my wife answered the door. So glad i left all that behind

For the sake of every other parent i hope to god he never gets out, and i hope to god he gets whats coming to him in this life or the next. :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back