Comparing two qoutes for a office refurbishment- confused!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two qoutes which are for similar costs but the tradesmen and taking different approaches for the walls and flooring.

Can anyone advise the pro-s and con-s of each so i can then make my mind up!

The current floor needs raising -
1. Asphalt Flooring (with a DPC) and laminate on top
vs
2. 3 * 2 Tapered Joists & P5 18mm Chipboard with Laminate on top

The Walls need plasterboarding.
1. 1st Tradesmen said if you install cavity wall insulation to the external walls then you dont need insulated plasterboard.
2. Other tradesmen said Fit 2x2" timber to walls and install 2" jablite insulation

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
For the floor, raised timber means you can run cables underneath if you want to.

For the walls, you need plasterboarding. Even if you cavity fill the walls you still need plasterboarding. So you might as well insulate behind the plasterboard rather than getting a second job in.

I would guess that tradesman 1 is a builder and tradesman 2 is a carpenter/joiner.

For the floor would the Asphalt give better insulation and it also includes a DPC?

For the Walls the first tradesmen said I wouldnt need insulated plaster just standard plasterboard.

Do I need to go to the cost of and the loss of width of insulated board if i have cavity wall insualtion?

The first tradesmen is a electrician by trade and the 2nd is a builder.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back