Compatibility between direct frames? Veka > Rehau

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking for a door with 2 sidelights, the place local to me use Rehau but i’ve seen a door in a Veka frame.

I’m wondering

Would they be compatible?
Is there a joining piece that would go between the 2?
Would I have to find a supplier that uses Veka?

Veka are in Burnley not far from me so I might call in for a chat.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
They are grey but I guess they could still be different.

The door is a cancelled order but is the exact one we want (Solidor London) and the exact size. I spoke to the guy selling the door and he can make up a pair of sidelights, 450x2085, with aluminium joint piece for £325.

Thats a good price for the sidelights.
Most greys should be Revonolt foil so probably the same but no guarantees when you mix and match makes.
Also if its grey outside and white in again the whites would be different shades.

You will want the aluminum couplers too to reduce flex on the frames

Sponsored Links
Can you get slim frames for fixed windows? Otherwise joining a door frame to a window frame will give about 150mm of plastic, which may look a bit heavy?!

Actually it will probably be more than that couplers will add 10-20mm too so probably 170-180mm.
When joined to a door window frames are usually heavy duty frame to match the door and for the strength.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back