Compatible parts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, My local breakers have an accelerator pedal for a mk 5 Golf estate for sale. Id like to get it as it will mean I can be back on the road in the morning. It has the exact same OEM number and serial number as the one ive just taken off my 2008 Passat. So does anyone think theres a chance it is compatible? The breakers have a list of compatible cars on their website and its just a lot of Audis and a few Golfs. I'm hoping the serial numbers are the important thing?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
If the OEM numbers are the same, then surely its the same part.....can you take the old pedal box with you though?
John :)

If its the same VAG part number, yes it will fit but you can contact your local VW if you need reassurance.

I needed an engine mount bracket for my Bora TDI a few years back and found one ebay with the same part number that the seller, a breakers yard, claimed had come of a Skoda Octavia. It was the same part when it was delivered.

Have you had a look here?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Lots of cars (and other things) have standard parts included in them, which fit several car maker's cars. Often you can buy parts for up market cars, cheaper from other than your own cars dealers. Mine is an up market car and certain part can be sourced cheaper from BMW, there are even some parts on it common to an Alhambra. The trick is in knowing which parts, searching for the part number.

Sponsored Links
Hello gents thanks for your opinions.
Yes i'll take the old pedal with me but its very possible that it will line up with the Golf one but there's the sensor to scupper things, I think.
I'm not sure if the numbers I've got are the VAG no's. Definitely the OEM and I think part no, maybe that's the same.
I was on an online chat with Autodoc (aftermarket part suppliers) they recommended one of their pedals because it matched the oem that they got for me from my VIN number. But then I noticed the other number (part no?) was slightly different to the one on my pedal and they couldn't confirm if it was ok for my Passat.
@DIYspanner That Golf one you suggested has the same oem as my Passat funnily enough.
Well you're all sounding positive so fingers crossed. I spent practically the whole day getting the old one out and trying to source a new one. I need to save a few bob to pay for the day :).

Compare the pedals listed on ebay for your Passat model and those for the Golf similar to the one in breakers yard. They usually quote the part no. or will at least let you know if you ask via a message.

Unfortunately the parts recommended by eBay don't help much. I entered the number plate it tells me the car is a Passat 3c5. But the log book just says Passat highline. So there's no suggested car on eBay that matches
Most website tell me the car is a b6 or 16 valve etc but their all wrong.

VW highline refers to the trim level of the car.

Highline is top of the range leather interior and alloy wheels.

Have a look on the Borg & Beck site. Type the engine code in and it will give you a list of Passat models to choose from.

For a 3c5 Passat on ebay, 1K2723503M seems to be the correct part no.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Just to let you know, I got the one from the breakers and it works! ebay said it wasnt a match and I should try another search but the matching part numbers was too good to ignore. Thanks for your help

Just to let you know, I got the one from the breakers and it works! ebay said it wasnt a match and I should try another search but the matching part numbers was too good to ignore. Thanks for your help

Well done!

Two different parts with the same part no. is plane daft even for VW.

Sponsored Links
Back