Completed DIY Electric Blinds Installation for Patio Doors - Video

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Long time lurker but finally signed up with something to post that you might appreciate!
We just had our house renovated and I can't believe I didn't think about getting electric blinds fitted until after the work.
I did look into getting a company to do it (please forgive me) but that was way too costly so I did it myself!
It only cost a few hundred pounds in total so I'm very happy with the set up.

I made a video to show the build.
Please be gentle as I'm no DIY expert!

Sponsored Links
That’s a nice job well done. Did you consider making your blinds smart or smart blinds so they could be controlled on a timer, mobile, voice assistant etc? Just weighing up my own options

Appreciate it! I didn't have much luck finding a smart kit that was built into the tubular motor unit. It felt like there were mixed reviews for what was out there, which seemed a bit pricey too.

I want to add smart functionality soon so I'll probably try one of those smart rf hubs. They can pair with the remote and link up with voice assistants. I'll then use Alexa for smarts and scheduling.

Did you find any cool solutions?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back