Electric work completed by cowboys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had my whole house re-wired by cowboy electricians(I did not know this at the time). They told me they were registered and they would give me a certificate once the work was completed. However once they completed the work they had taken the money and left without no certificate. I soon found out that they were not registered electricians and so were not able to give me the certificate. I have since had the work looked over by a professional and majority of the work is up to scratch apart from the electric meter. These cowboys had moved the electric meter ( which according to the profesional electrician) should only be moved by my electric supplier (EDF). I have called up EDF and they said that they cannot re-seal the meter until they see a Health and Safety certificate?.

I never knew what I was getting into until today. Can someone recommend what I should do? I have shown it to 2 professional electricians and nobody wants to sign it off a certificate because 1) they did not do the work & 2) the cowboys moved the electric meter which is illegal!

Help please!

Ravi

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/diy-disasters/electric-work-completed-by-cowboys.325466/#ixzz1wG6jCf7Y

Sponsored Links
Ask EDF if they will accept an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).

They may still be calling it a Periodic Inspection Report (PIR).

They are a report on the condition/safety of the installation. and can be completed by(as you now know)a properly registered electrician who is a member of a notifying body. Elecsa/Niceic

Sponsored Links
They are a report on the condition/safety of the installation. and can be completed by(as you now know)a properly registered electrician who is a member of a notifying body. Elecsa/Niceic

Or any competent person, no need to be registered to do reports

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back