Composite door hinge adjustment and draught

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, happy new year to you all.

I am having some issues with front composite door and need help. I have gone through some of the posts but not sure how to tackle this.

Basically the door doesn't fully align with the frame and "sticks out" slightly at the bottom than top. There is also a small but clear gap at bottom of the door which let's in a lot of draught. I asked door installer but they don't want to know about it nor give me any direction on what to do.

On top and side if the door there is some sort of "brush pile strip" but nothing at the bottom. I got a 5mm brush pile strip from toolstation that I fitted (see the white one) but the gap at bottom doesn't really close.

I am attaching couple of photos. One showing one of the three hinges. Other one shows bottom of door frame. There were two black rubber strips originally and White strip is what I have added next to black rubber weather strip.

My questions are

1. Are these hinges adjustable? If so what do it do to adjust them? Can this help to align door and thus maybe reduce draught from bottom?

2. I can fit an extra brush type door strip ( https://www.screwfix.com/p/stormgua...HUyg2064EGRkaLuqh1RoC2qIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds) on the door but is there anything I can do in the frame itself to remove the gap?

3. Bottom of door frame originally only had two black rubber weatherproofing strips. Is this normal or should there have been something else fitted?

4. I have fensa certificate. Will they cover any if this sort of defects?

Thanks
1000081241.jpg
1000081240.jpg

Sponsored Links
When you say that the installer "doesn't want to know", how long ago was it installed? You should have a year's guarantee at least. If still being ghosted, speak to the governing body that they're a member of.

Hinges are usually adjustable, assuming it's not the door itself that is warped?

Can you post pics of the door in a closed position, showing the problem? Showing both top and bottom in the one picture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back