Composite Front Doors - Ebay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently have a White PVC front door which is looking quite tired. I'd really like a composite door but have been quoted about £900 inc fitting which I really can't afford.

Now, I have seen loads of composite doors on ebay, some are second-hand, some are sold as brand new and they are a couple of hundred pounds.

Is there any reason, not to buy one of these doors and get it professionally fitted?

e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Composite-Front-Door-/191683165450?hash=item2ca134fd0a

Many thanks
George

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
As with most things there are some cheap rubbish makes around. Most decent quality doors cost £500-1000 at trade prices (id say the average cost of doors that my customers go for is around £600.
£900 supplied, fitted and guaranteed for 10 years is not a bad price. All the risk is on the company then to order the correct size and fit it well and deal with the supplier if there are any problems.

I did a cheaper door for a friend recently and I'm already regretting it! Ive had to go back 3 times in the last 4 weeks to make adjustments.

Many thanks. That all makes sense so I will avoid this process and wait till I can afford a new one. In the meantime, I have given the door a good clean with PVC solvent cleaner, changed all the door furniture to Chrome and the door is actually looking quite decent (it will last longer now and give me the chance to save for a replacement).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back