Compressed Air Dusters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These things are expensive, and I often use them, but noticed after a few uses they totally lose their spray power, and become weak, is there anyways to restore them? to make the air come more powerful like when it was new? I have a can here thats almost new but almost useless.

Sponsored Links
For starters, no air is involved. They are filled with an inert gas, generally something like difluoroethane.

They loose power because, amazingly, you've used all the gas in them. Use them sparingly. They're not refillable.

A couple of sprays though?

You're probably using crap ones. That or you're trying to use it while it's freezing cold.

Use them in short bursts, or the pressure will drop off long before the contents. And put them to one side once they start to get very cold.

Sponsored Links
if you are using them that frequently, a small compressor, similar to used for air brushes works well.

Small compressor? sounds like a good option, as I go through loads of these cans. Can the compressors be used on computer parts etc? What sort of price are they, and do they need a refill? Not 100% sure what to look for.

desktop-henry-the-hoover.jpg

Cheap compressors and any vacuum are not suitable for cleaning electronics. If gas dusters are too expensive for you, put the boards in your dishwasher.

Cheap compressors and any vacuum are not suitable for cleaning electronics. If gas dusters are too expensive for you, put the boards in your dishwasher.

Don't talk stupid man.

That could damage the dishwasher. :rolleyes:
;)

For starters, no air is involved. They are filled with an inert gas, generally something like difluoroethane.

They loose power because, amazingly, you've used all the gas in them. Use them sparingly. They're not refillable.

Please be aware that many "air" dusters contain very flammable gasses.
View media item 22355
These are some of my own cans showing the contents as anything but " air"

Please be aware that many "air" dusters contain very flammable gasses.
View media item 22355
These are some of my own cans showing the contents as anything but " air"

True, many are flammable. And flammable or not, a punctured canister is quite potent.

These things are expensive, and I often use them, but noticed after a few uses they totally lose their spray power, and become weak, is there anyways to restore them? to make the air come more powerful like when it was new? I have a can here thats almost new but almost useless.

Use a vacumn cleaner with the soft brush end attached, that way the suction won't be excessively close, and you'll brush between the keys to dislodge anything stuck.

You can source the air duster cans from car spraying suppliers at a price far lower than pc based stores

Sponsored Links
Back