compression end caps - problem

The pipe should be smooth.

Put the capnut onto the tube, followed by the olive. Then slide the external-threaded stop end over the pipe and tighten with one spanner steady on the stop end, and one doing the capnut up. The olive will deform and grip the tube.

If it leaks, tighten it a bit more. If it still leaks, dismantle the joint. The olive should still grip the pipe and the capnut will be retained. Put a couple of wraps of ptfe, round the olive not the thread. Put it all back together and nip it tight, all should be well.

Sponsored Links
Im gonna get more olives, and try it again.
Problem i'm having is with the pipe, when I use the pipecutter it deforms/crushes the pipe abit so its not a perfect circle at the end of the pipe. Is this ok?? or will it affect the way the olive grips round the pipe?

Hi there,

While youre there getting more olives get yourself a pushfit end cap.

Job done

Rico

It seems to me your using one of those crappy pipeslices that you tighten as you turn- correct?
If so don't tighten it as quick- to prevent the pipe from being deformed.
If you cant - use a bloody hacksaw and get rid of the burrs.

Sponsored Links
success,, Found a sharper pipe cutter and took a bit off the end. Put ptfe tap round the olive. Slid the nut on then the olive and connected the nut to the end cap, tightened it a bit not to much. No leaks, thank goodness for that. Many thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

I would advise turning on the cold taps and then loosening both nuts and rotating it so that its easier to access.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back