Computer desk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a computer desk, which is a few years old now, and the surface on the top of it, which is veneered chipboard, has seriously degraded, (worn out in places, chips, bumps from spills, etc).
What would be the best way of revitalising it, sand it down and paint it? if so what sort of paint, or try and recover it?

Sponsored Links
Bin it, and go to an auction and buy a proper desk made from wood.

Sponsored Links
I have a computer desk, which is a few years old now, and the surface on the top of it, which is veneered chipboard, has seriously degraded, (worn out in places, chips, bumps from spills, etc).
What would be the best way of revitalising it, sand it down and paint it? if so what sort of paint, or try and recover it?

You sure you got veneer on your desk? More likely MFC I reckon, if so (even if it is veneered chipboard) the cost and trouble to strip it down compared to the cost of replacing what could be a relatively cheap peice of furniture may make it unviable.

If you do want to keep the peice the easiest way may be to cover the desk in some HPL - you would have almost endless choice of colours finishes etc and it could be fairly cost effective (depending on what you plump for) and easy way of transforming your desk if you are set on keeping it.

Let me know and I will point you in the direction of a product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back