Concealed cistern toilet running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone have an idea what maybe wrong with a concealed cistern toilet that constantly runs in to the pan. The customer says they can stop it but keeps happening. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like float valve not shutting off properly or the flush valve not seating/letting by

I am not a plumber...

My Oli concealed system started doing that earlier this year. I removed the push plate and discovered that there was a spare washer for the underside of the flush mechanism. I found a video that showed how to swap it out. It worked perfectly.

Sponsored Links
Can usually asses it through the push button? Im not sure of the make of the cistern

If you have a flush button plate on the wall, then yes you can often access the internals via that. If there is a ledge above it, you may need to remove the ledge to access the internals.

Photos will help the plumbers here to advise you further. I may be advisable to ask the moderators to move your post to the plumbing forum (not sure how one does that though)...

It would be a case of removing the flush plate and seeing if I can see what make the cistern is and order parts?

Sounds like float valve not shutting off properly or the flush valve not seating/letting by
Could be it not seating correctly? As they say they are able to stop it. I guess there double pressing the button or something?

Going to have a look tomorrow. If it's not sitting back correctly after flushed it maybe the flush valve? I have only worked on the grohe ones before. Which were easy to get to every thing

So it's the fill valve not shutting off. Strangely enough the fill valve does eventually shut of by repressing the small fill button. The flush valve is reseating ok and making a seal. It's an ideal standard. Any one had this before? I was going to order a new full valve if I can identify the part.

Attachments

• IMG20230915110625.jpg
    IMG20230915110625.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG20230915110428.jpg
    IMG20230915110428.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 58
Does it look like a side entry Torbeck?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-15-22-15-34-24_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-15-22-15-34-24_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 47

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back