Concealed shower help

Reaction score
Country
Greenland
I said last time I’d never buy another concealed shower. Why didn’t I listen to my self!? I hate these things. Why are they made the way they are, surely they could be manufactured to include the male fittings?

Anyway, my issue is with the shower head/arm. It needs to be screwed into a wall plate elbow. I have tried this a few times but it’s impossible to get it spot in so that when it’s fully tightened it is the right way up! Is it best to get the thing straight and then screw the wall plate elbow to the wall and just put a non straight pipe in to feed it?

I’ve had it with PTFE tape as well, would the bloody stuff into the same thread 4 times now and ended up having to take it off and start again. Has anyone ever used a thread sealing compound called ‘Tru Blu’? I’ve just bought some from tool station in the hope that it’s a bit more forgiving than PTFE and provides a better seal?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Which brand would you recommend Dan?

Any thoughts on getting the arm the right way up? :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back