Concealed shower mixer figment question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm installing a new bathroom after I was shocked by the quote give by a local company, however I'm now learning why it might have cost so much... Knowledge!!!
My question if someone can point me in the right direction...
The concealed mixer has 3 knobs on the front, held by grub screws, the each knob has a disc which screws onto the brass valve itself, these lock after 10 or so turns.then the chromed face for the controls, behind is the valve with the various inlets and outlets. Each control has a threaded section which pushes bough the wall and aunt on the rear to tighten it up.
The question...
If the front face plate goes on a tiles wall, there is Norway to get to the back to tighten the nuts. The disc on the front doesn't seem to be for tightening it to, just a chrome bezel ?
Am I ment to leave a section of wall own, tile up and around, put the face plate on etc then reach through and tighten it? Or am I just wrong wrong wrong....
Hope that makes sense
Many thanks....needs fitting ASAP as I smell!

Jon

Sponsored Links
With most of these concealed shower fittings you need to work out how much is buried and allow for what is visible including the tile and grout thickness, the assy has the pipes connected to it and the whole thing is fitted to the wall, recessed, pipes need covering with tape and routing so that the fixing screws for the shower assy don't go thro' the pipes. once it is fitted to the wall and filled and firm, you can then tile and then afterwards clamp the rest of the assy to after sealing where needed with silicon. You need to work out from the instructions how to affix it by dismantling part of first, no one can tell this except the MI.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back