Concerns about door threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are nearing completion of an extension on a 1954 house. Builder has today screeded floor, I’m concerned that he’s fitted the external door to high, meaning quite a high step over, any advice? Any industry standards or building regulations about this? Thank you.
A2D77238-FF25-4F97-883F-BBD6348A8B6E.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I will check. The door that was there previously was lower /level with the floor, all other doors are level with the floor

The finished floor level (tiles or whatever) will need to at least meet or cover the bottom part of the uPVC frame or it’ll look ****.

Sponsored Links
Not just high that's the least of your worries, but that wall below the frame will be permanently damp from penetrating moisture and from condensation.

And it will fail any building regulation inspection.

There is no way any proper builder will do something like that. No way.

Oh blimey, I did wonder about damp. It’s been one thing after another with this builder. See my other thread ref their brickwork. I’m at my wits end. Thank you for confirming my fears, going to have to approach them tomorrow about it..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back