Concerns with the cabling in conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Got home from work on Friday and saw what the electrician had been upto re: installing the cables in our partially built conservatory. I've put a link to flickr where i've put some photo's but would like some advice pls, as the windows and roof are going on tomorrow and i'm a bit concerned!
Firstly, where he's linked the sockets from the conservatory to the soxckets in the house, he's cracked the wall around the socket in the house!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cookie_boy2000/

Re: the wiring in the conservatory, I was under the impression (having read on here) that the cable shouldn't just be put in the cavity wall but be in a trunking of some kind.

Also, do I need any type of certification for any of the work done so far: dwarf wall, electrics etc (i'm not sure as building/electrics and I do not understand each other!).

Can someone please clarify for me as if he's got it wrong I need to take the day off work to be here when they arrive to fit the windows tomorrow!

The photo's of the wiring in the cavity wall are here as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cookie_boy2000/

thanks.

Sponsored Links
well as for cracking the plaster around the socket he has fed from, this is hard if not impossible to prevent and will just need some filler and paint.

if we were doing this job we would install a switched spur either alongside the socket he has fed from or in the cons. itself. this spur then isolating all sockets.

only acceptable way of feeding the sockets in the dwarf wall is in the cavity he could have clipped the cables to the back of the inner wall before the outer wall was built and the insulation put in but probably had the call to come too late. i woulndt worry about insulation / overheating. as long as it passes the req. tests all will be ok. look at it like this these cables will never get damaged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back