1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Concertina ladder install

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by Fraz1012020, 26 Mar 2020.

1. Fraz1012020

Fraz1012020

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hi

first post.

Concertina ladder installation where ladder board (pic below) is 200mm but joists to attach to are not near that height

I saw on an old post I could build up the joist so that it’s 200mm but wondering if I could attach it to joist and the top screws to the two supporting beams- basically securing the ladder board over the connection plate and securing with screws at the corners

What are thoughts? Doing it by building up the joists I’m worried it may be a bit heavy. Am I worrying about nothing?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Fraz1012020

Fraz1012020

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    image.jpg

if not going over connection plate then I’d build up this so it’s 200mm high

4. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Build up , weight gain negligible.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local