Concorde boiler direct replacement?

gas4you said:
bwfcspider said:
So from what I can tell sticking with Ideal would make the job easiest in terms of wiring and install?

Admitedly, much of the technical stuff is going right over my head.

What ever you do DO NOT fit any Ideal boiler at the moment. Put up with the very slight extra inconvenience and fit a decent one. Vaillant, Worcester Bosch or veissmann

Noted.

Any specific recommendations? I can start pricing this up and get my kneepads on for the inevitable meeting with the bank.

Thanks for all this by the way - beats asking people at work, some of whom couldn't spell boiler if their lives depended on it.

Sponsored Links
Gas4 you why not fit a Ideal classic , what if any boiler is more reliable or long life span. And i am not talking about the other ****e ideal make

Yes, but you cannot fit a se classic anymore and I can't see the point of any band B boiler being fitted (HE). (personally).

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Spider - you have mine...Here

Looks good - and the happy smiling couple on there seal it.

How much is one of those rather neat looking units going to set me back? Or am I breaking forum protocols? Not sure about all the rules and regs...

g4y . For the length of time a boiler actually condenses and works at full efficiency to give any great difference between band A and band B it is not that much so far better when a customer asks for a reliable no nonsense boiler that will last and not cost them a fortune to fix when it does eventually go wrong.Classic every time.. out weighing any saving a band A would give.

Dan_Robinson said:
List price for the boiler £755+VAT inc flue.

Fitting is another question - possibly one or two days labour + part L controls.

So if I budget around £1500 for this job I'm about right?

Crikey, it might be cheaper to buy a load of cheap kettles from Asda and use them for baths.

And buy a big thick jacket to stay warm.

Up your way possibly - remember the dreaded VAT. What controls your heating system will need is another thing. You might wangle a bit more off the boiler - or at least the installer might.

namsag said:
g4y . For the length of time a boiler actually condenses and works at full efficiency to give any great difference between band A and band B it is not that much so far better when a customer asks for a reliable no nonsense boiler that will last and not cost them a fortune to fix when it does eventually go wrong.Classic every time.. out weighing any saving a band A would give.

I can see your point, but as band B boilers are not accepted by the EST anymore and I fit all my boilers under energy efficiency schemes, I always stick to band A only.

Bolton wanderers FC :eek: Spider

over in bolton the boiler you need is a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 12/24 SI
Has integral pump ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back