Concrete block dust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

What's the best way to limit dust produced from cutting dense concrete blocks ? I've got to cut about 32 pieces and will be using a 9 inch angle grinder. I am thinking of wetting the blocks before cutting them but not sure if that'll help much.

Sponsored Links
Hose pipe.
Wrap your angle grinder in a plastic bag first.

Sponsored Links
Karate chop.

Or a petrol saw with bigger blade and hose attachment.

As Woddy suggests, but make a small cut in the blocks first with the angle grinder. You can use a 4.5" angle grinder with a dry diamond blade, and it won't make too much dust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scoring and chopping will only work if the block is being cut in half or say chunky units. Even then the success rate will be patchy. If they are slithers then a full through cut will yield the best results.

Just grit your teeth and get on with it.

I'm liking Ian's Jackie Chan suggestion!
I tried holding a vacuum cleaner near the dusty area once and that didn't help at all.
If you want to limit the dust in the immediate area there's not much you can do apart from mask and goggles or hire a Grinder with a water pump, but if you want to prevent it reaching the neighbours as much do it on a rainy day seemed to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back