Concrete Breakers

Sponsored Links
For that money you could hire a decent one for a weekend. How thick is the concrete anyway?

pile of crap.

you could hire a hydraulic road breaker for a weekend for that.

as said before save your money and hire instead. if you have got some serious breaking to do, try a hydraulic one . electric ones are usually only good for light tasks or you could go for a petrol one ,used one for the first time the other month and they rock if you ask me.

Sponsored Links
what about the tommy walsh method?

sledge hammer and pick axe?

you need to break a bit first, then lift a bit with pick axe then hit lifted bit with sledge hammer

(sorry it needs 2 people)

How thick?
I'd say 4" maybe 6" in places.

My patio area and path are HUGE so that's why I though if I bought one then I could do a little at a time. If I hire and I don't get it finished (might even take 3-4 weekends then I'd have been better off buying one.

It's got to be better than a sledgehammer and pickaxe but I fully understand that it won't be as good as a proffessional bit of kit but surley it must have some use otherwise the manufacturers wouldn't be selling them.

Any more thoughts?

If it's 4 to 6 inches deep, then u will do it till xmas with that toy from ebay. It's probably good enough for removing render or makeing holes in bricks, but there is no way it can handle that thick concrete. Best for u would be to hire one, from wickes hire u can get 30kg electric breakes for £25 + something for a day and they do deals for weekend. Or get hydraulic one like others recommended, it costs more, but is quicker. if u do that then u should finish everything with a day to keep your cost low.

Thanks for that. I think I'll stick with the pro kit and get my back stuck into it....................if this bleeding rain ever stops!

we use hydraulic breakers all the time (theyre called beaver breakers) for breaking up concrete paths etc. It will do the whole lot in a morning let a lone a day. get some ear defenders to go with them and have a few breaks as the vibration can be wearing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back