Which breaker should I be looking at

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of jobs to do and I thought maybe I should be looking to buy some gear rather than hiring.

I have a garage to take down and reclaim the bricks and also a thick concrete patio and path to remove.

Can I get something like this to do both jobs?

Demolition Hammer Breaker

or this

INDUSTRIAL CONCRETE BREAKER

Or do I need the first one for the garage and then maybe this one for the concrete?

HEAVY DUTY CONCRETE BREAKER

What do think?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I recently bought a Milwaukee (medium/heavy duty) breaker and it suits my needs perfectly. It was a direct replacement of a kango hammer that had worn out.

It is just about weildy enough to lift and knock out door openings and will tackle 4" thick concrete comfortably.

However don't expect a lot from those you have shown particularly if the concrete is pokered or strong. If it is greater than 4" thick then they will all struggle.

If we come across anything above 4" thick and is tough stuff we then hire a large electric Bosch breaker.

My current fella...
Milwaukee_Power_Tool_5339-21_SDS-max_Demolition_Hammer-270x180.jpg

Bosch%20GSH27%20from%20Robert%20Samuell.gif

For the slab I would hire one of these, anything smaller will bounce off and they are not as heavy to hold as the big electric ones.

Jason

Sponsored Links
I can vouch for the ryobi, its a cracking tool and i have one that has been doing hard work for 15 years. As noseall says a breaker over 12 kg is very limited as you can only ever use it for breaking up concrete slabs because you can't lift it horizontally for any length of time and certainly can't use it above your waist.

I would buy one in the 7-10 kg range as it has more uses, and buy your self a 14lb sledge for the patio. If that proves too difficult then hire a big 20kg suckka!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back