Heavy Breakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to break up the remains of an Anderson Shelter as well as chipping off part of the foundation of an already removed garage before laying a patio on top of it.
I can hire a heavy breaker for £55 for the weekend OR buy one for £110, which might be handy in the future, but the make is Boschmann?
Anyone know if they're any good :?:

Sponsored Links
With a 12 month statutory guarantee can you lose? If it's good you've got it, and if it's not you take it back.

joe

Boschmann - yeah, same group that makes Lyobi-san, Mehtaabo and probably knocks out those hookey "Irish" makitas that were doing the rounds last year. But at 1/8th the price of a full-blown Bosch breaker if you get two jobs out of it you're up on the deal, if you get two jobs..... and providing the thing doesn't electrocute you ;)

Scrit

on a related point, whenever I face these decisions I normally tend to buy the item. Now I have a load of expensive equipment that I use once every year or two.

I was wondering if there was a way of getting back some of the investment by hiring the stuff out. Has anyone tried it? I don't like the liability side of someone borrowing my scaffolding tower, and what if it's not retured, gets stolen off the customers site, a host of nightmares! Anyone tried it?

Gary

Sponsored Links
garyo said:
I was wondering if there was a way of getting back some of the investment by hiring the stuff out. Has anyone tried it? I don't like the liability side of someone borrowing my scaffolding tower, and what if it's not retured, gets stolen off the customers site, a host of nightmares! Anyone tried it?
Electrical stuff needs a PAT test and certificate for every hire - the machines are a few thousand an you need to be certfied to use it. You need Public Liability and Hirers insurances and stuff like scaffolding rowers and ladders need minimum annual inspections dont' they? (You can tell I've had the sob story from the local hire shop, can't you) All in all a bit pricey methinks :cry:

Scrit

You can always sell it on ebay. I did with my chain saw, I new I would never use it again.

For anyone interested in Boschmann I'd suggest taking a look here or here. Trading Standards in various places appear to be concerned about the quality and electrical safety of these tools.

We also have reason to believe that the power tools are unsafe and fail Safety Regulations. [Herefordshire Consumer Trading]

Scrit

Thanks all - especially scrit for the trading standards info, that's the kind of thing I was wary of.
Happily I've found a friend of a friend who's got one he's willing to lend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back