Concrete fence posts.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

need a little help, I've got a 3ft high fence, concrete posts and wooden panel fences. The problem I have is the missus wants a 6 ft fence, is there any way of doing this without digging up the 3ft concrete posts?

Is there some sort of sleeve I could put round the post to take the height up to 6 ft?

Please dont make me dig up all those posts......... I'll hold you all responsible if she ends up buried underneath the patio...!!

Biffer

Sponsored Links
Get yer spade out, sooner started, sooner finished !! Good luck :LOL:

It can be done with a bit of work, the problem would be if you live in a high wind area and depend how deep the 3' concrete post is in the ground, might be a idea to have vent through fence panel type to take the pressure of the wind as well.

I have done mine at the back of the garden by making a slot out of wooden post which sit on top of the concrete to the same shape (you can cut the top of the concrete post with a angle grinder to square it off) then use a 5" wide decking forest pine carefully screw with rawlplug into the concrete post and use screw above the ex-post into the wooden post, you will need to do this both side, then make a cap to fit on top. It does look nice without having to see the concrete post. Mine was a 5' to 6' and I can't say for your 3' post which might or might not be acceptable specially if the ground is soft. I can post a photo later on if you're not sure.

I've known someone who added 3 x 3 wooden post, bolted to the side of existing conc posts, with some success.

Sponsored Links
HIiMason

I'd like to see the pic.
ta
Min

could be if the post is the right size. just use it as a sleeve over the concrete and drill through it and the post and bolt through to hold it in position.

daz.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back