Concrete fence under roof overhang??? Anybody done this???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to extend my fence up to my garage which a single storey flat roof.

The obvious problem being that I wouldn't be able to slide in or out a fence panel due to the overhang of the soffit.

The simplest way I could see was to use an end post and grind off one of the lips (turning a square U shape into more of an L shape) so that this last panel could be slotted into the second from last post then swung backwards onto the rear lip of the end post and secured at the front with a piece of matching fence panel batten.

I guess nobody makes posts already in this shape do they? I can't seem to find any on Google.

The only other alternative solution I could see was to fit a normal post and split the fence panel down the middle, then find a way to make the centre join strong.

Any thoughts?

:?:

Sponsored Links
To be honest you will find that most fence panels will flex enough to allow you to wedge and shoe-horn them in without slotting in from above. You may slightly superficially damage the panel but it sounds like it's quite an inconspicuous spot.

If I have understood you correctly there is a simple solution.

Dig your hole for the post, insert the fence panel in place, position the post, and concrete in place.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to both of you for the replies :D

To be honest you will find that most fence panels will flex enough to allow you to wedge and shoe-horn them in without slotting in from above. You may slightly superficially damage the panel but it sounds like it's quite an inconspicuous spot.

I see what you mean, I think i'll give that a try. I do have to cut the panel down anyway so maybe I could put the bracing pieces on once the panel is in place, this would give me extra flexibility.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back