Concrete floor - Laying linoleum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all.

Have a bathroom in a 1900's house, with a solid concrete floor. Previously was build up with floorboards to create a false floor for pipes to run under.

I have taken it back to concrete as it was no use having a large step into the bathroom, and pipes have been dealt with.

Ruled out Solidwood and engineered wood as most ones I've seen and like are a little "shy" about their suitability for bathrooms. Dont want to tile the floor as it will then be freezing always.

So looking at laying some nice linoleum (not everyones cup of tea but Im quite happy with it)

I dont want to lay it direct onto the concrete as obviously it will show up every hairline and imperfection on the concrete below.

Could I simply buy the likes of chipboard toung and groove loft flooring and lay it direct on the concrete with glued joints, then Lino over the top (sealing around the outline of lino+room with silicone)???

Sponsored Links
Why not pour SLC and lay a cushioned vinyl one piece sheet over it? Is the bathroom at present an empty shell?

The concrete is highly unlikely to have a damp course, so you would be advised to lay a liquid DPM, then screed, then lay the Sheet Vinyl (assuming you mean Sheet Vinyl and not reallyLinoleum) If it really is Linoleum you are looking at , get a pro in, it's incredibly difficult to fit but would require similar prep to Liquid DPM and Screed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back