Concrete floor with bitumen paint - more bitumen or seal ?

Hi,
There is no membrane beneath your floor or any others of this period. The damp course will exist in the walls only. The marley tiles and bitumen acted as a dpm of sorts.
Pity you took the screed off as, like me, you have an inch to build back up. Look at my posts and you may see images of mine.

Sorry - only just saw this, yeah I totally understand you last statement.

Did you manage to build back up the screed to around an inch? IF so, what did you use? I need about 30-40mm (differing in places) which is annoyingly too shallow for screed as it may crack.

Hi,
Did you have a damp problem showing in floor or walls or did you just want to remove tiles.
I had damp around the wall base, and around the edges of the carpet. However I'm not entirely convinced it was rising damp, I'm not getting anything damp coming through now, so it was more than likely condensation forming on the coldest part of the room, the corner of the cold concrete floor/and base of the walls.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately it's still in the same state as i started a loft conversion also. I was going to go with the f ball option that was posted by another user. Not cheap though.
Have you had any professional advice?
I cant remember if you were the OP on this thread but if not then i wouldnt want to hijack it.
Did you look.back at my original post?

Have you done this work yet. I have the exact same issue and will gave to do it myself. Can't afford to get anyone in, so advice would be great.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you done this work yet. I have the exact same issue and will gave to do it myself. Can't afford to get anyone in, so advice would be great.. Thanks
I've not as yet but @P.Pipe may have. check his link above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back