Concrete Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice. Having some treatment done on a concrete floor - was showing signs of damp. The builder had put down a surface DPC (see image) which to me doesn't look great. Any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated.

bfqrxH8.jpg

Sponsored Links
looks a poor job. all tiles should have been lifted and the unit legs can be raised one by one.
after combing out it should be smoothed over to bury the notch marks two coats of that stuff will be needed.the first coat in one directn and the second in the other directn.
damp slabs sometimes have damp wall at the edges. or rotting skirting

He hasn’t rolled it.
You put it on with a notched trowel to determin the thickness then you roll in with a paint roller to make it smooth. You can go over tiles with it.
Looks like epoxy which is good but needs a 2nd coat now.

Thanks for the replies. Currently in a bit of a dsipute with the builder as my flooring guy came and said he needed to do another DMP prior to screeding, I don't want to pay twice for the 1 job. Does it routinely take two coats or should it be a 1 coat job? Also, those tiles are lino.

Sponsored Links
If it’s a epoxy you can do 1 coat if it’s on correct which that isn’t. So I wouldn’t be paying the builder.
Let the Floorlayer do another coat mate.

Some Dom’s like Ardex MVS , Fball F78 and Laybond rapid dpm need 2-3 coats but epoxy is one up to 97 / 98 RH%.

But if pin holes in it you need to do another coat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back