Concrete gutter leaking

If adjacent properties gutters are leaking, it will just run under your repair.

Sponsored Links
If adjacent properties gutters are leaking, it will just run under your repair.

Yeah it's a bustard. When we put our fancy tyres on it we grind a huge mortar line out the base of the gutter, push the rubber into it and then re-compo. S'a right ball ache

Sponsored Links
He's been back and used a 'rubber' coating - not sure if that's the technical term - all along the length of the gutter - though he said he couldn't see where the leak was coming from so it was just a shot in the dark. It's dry today, so lets see what happens when it rains. Guh.

Well it hasn't rained much recently so I can't tell whether the additional rubber coating has actually worked. One thing that frustrates me is that the brickwork beneath the gutter is still just as dark so it doesn't seem to be drying out. How long does brick take to dry? Will it be a problem in freezing temperatures?

Back in the late 90's I had to choose what to do with our Finlock, back then there was less companies removing Finlock reliably (IE cold bridging also sorted), so we went for aluminium lining (that has been coated in some sort of resistant coating/paint), have not regretted it from the water point of view (doesn't help so much with cold bridging). It is still going strong (touch wood) was up there before winter to clean out the moss/sand?/dirt from the birds and all seem's OK with it (no pitting/corrosion).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back