Concrete lintel help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having some alteration work done in conservatory which includes an opening from adjoining room into the conservatory.
There was original opening approx 1.2m which will now be 2.5m.
We're in process of putting concrete lintels in. Both outer and inner skin.
On inner skin the new 3m concrete lintel got installed but the bearing points on one side is standard concrete block and other side is cut block.
Attaching picture in current state.
Middle part to be removed.

Attachments

• 20230423_144158.jpg
    20230423_144158.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 73
Sponsored Links
In the absence of any questions, I'll pose some ....
Are building control involved?
Is an engineer involved - calculations for that lintel?
What does the manufacturer's guidance say in terms of bearings, suitability and loading?

In the absence of any questions, I'll pose some ....
Are building control involved?
Is an engineer involved - calculations for that lintel?
What does the manufacturer's guidance say in terms of bearings, suitability and loading?
Sorry for the open ended post
BR are involved in the sense the job has been logged but they have been absent thus far, builder has said he has been in touch with them 'remotely' but i've not seen them physically here.
No SE involved, just the builder and his team.
I will have to check where the lintel was sourced to check manufacturers guidance.

I did ask builders team about padstones and if they were required for the bearing, but was informed not needed as it's a concrete lintel?...

Thanks for your response

Sponsored Links
Make your own enquiries with the council to ensure that this is actually inspected on site and approved before its covered up. Not remotely either, where your builder provides photos and details of a job he did last year.

The actual loading above
The type and model of lintel
The actual span
The supports/ bearing
Buttressing of the support piers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back