Concrete screws or anchors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,
I'm putting in a Newel post for a staircase and its a concrete floor.

I've bought a bulldog fixing as shown where the post will be recessed for it to locate in the bottom.

Fixing this bulldog to the concrete floor I automatically thought to use anchors as have always had success with them but people seem to be guiding me to concrete screws which I have no experience of.

Does any of you guys have any experience with concrete screws. Are they worth exploring for this kind of install?

Thanks in advance.

1705568751436.png

Sponsored Links
If by anchors you mean Rawl bolts stick with them. Concrete screws have their uses (close to edges where there's a risk of bursting etc) but not necessary for your situation and I'd say not as strong.

If by anchors you mean Rawl bolts stick with them. Concrete screws have their uses (close to edges where there's a risk of bursting etc) but not necessary for your situation and I'd say not as strong.
This is an anchor matey. Rawl is just a manufacturer that do all kinds.

1705664783570.png

Sponsored Links
If by anchors you mean expansive bolts. ie the ones with the wedge that gets pulled forward to tighten the fixing. Yes use them.

Not hammerfix type, or plug type or concrete screws, as these have less pullout resistance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back