Concrete screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
Does anyone have any experience of concrete screws?
Are they reliable going into brick? Old brick?
Screws and plugs are well proven but I'm attracted to the potential speed and ease of concrete screws.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
havent got a clue
but suspect not good for brick as concrete very hard to very hard so predictable
where as brick goes from iron to [engineers ] to apple crumble so need some adjustment and adaption ??
but as i say just a guess;)

Reliable into good quality stone and concrete. Terrible for old brick and soft blockwork

Sponsored Links
They work very well in some brickwork. Soft bricks don't hold.

Hole size is critical for concrete screws, too small and it's impossible to drive screw home, too big and the threads don't bite enough and there's no grip. In my experience 5.5mm drill bits work best in most brick.

You need the longest screw that can work. So on cavity walls you want to go in the brick 80mm or so. Less than 50mm and concrete screws struggle to get enough bite -the start of a hole is usually oversize.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back