Concrete to Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently renovating my kitchen / garage into a kitchen diner. I have a fairly flat base in the x garage & in the kitchen i have pulled up the vinyl tiles to expose another sort of tile. red in colour but seems to be quite stiff not as flexible as the vinyl tiles. Saying this i cannot pull up a whole one it comes off i bits & there is a black glue holding them down. Can i tile straight on to this aswell as the concrete ????? I have been informed that i have yo use a leveling compound over the floor first. I can't see why ! to my eyes the floor is level in both rooms. Just a query regarding the red tiles.

Roger

Sponsored Links
The rule of thumb I use is - if they're a bast*rd to get up then they'll 99% of the time be ok to tile on. If in doubt, use a flexible adhesive. Oh and only use powdered adhesive and grout for floors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back