Concrete upstands for Timber Frame 150mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just discovered that my concrete upstands, sitting on top of my block and beam floor for my timber frame are 150mm high by 140mm wide (frame is 140 wide). Obviously the width is fine but does this mean that every block is going to be have to be cut down to size - I cannot find anyone who supplies 150mm blocks!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What about the 40mm frame overhang?

I have had a look woody - you are right - I don't think I can use coursing blocks - I can get them in 140mm wide (finding a stockist may be challenging) however they are 65mm deep. Having said that I have forgotten about the 10mm bed on the block and beam base so they would be 10mm+65mm+10mm+65mm which makes my 150mm. What I need to weigh up is the cost of the blocks, the labourer cutting the blocks and the brickie only having to lay one course versus the cost of the coursing bricks and the brickie laying 2 courses. The former will probably be cheaper and the offcuts can probably be used somewhere else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back