Condensate from a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
British Gas have recently done a service on my condensing boiler and put a not up to 'present standard' sticker on it due to condensate drain being routed to the outside path.
When I replace the boiler for a condensing combi I would like to keep the boiler in the same position. Any thoughts how I can get the drain to the soil drain approx 5m away. (The boiler is positioned on the ground floor and there isn't a great fall between the the bottom of the boiler and ground (approx 1m).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A soakaway is a possibillity..... So would a condensate pump

Soil stack 5 m away and you have a 1m gap from boiler to floor? Maybe a pic would help of boiler in relation to stack? Why cant it go to stack?

Sponsored Links
I'd love to create a lute but don't have the fine woodworking skills or musical ability.

But I'd be happy to run a condensate pipe in 40mm pipe over 5m with a fall of 1 in 40 - thats 5" in old money.

It may be easier to use a condense pump. They are reasonably inexpensive and easy to set up.

You have a choice between an alarm sounding if it is close to overflowing due to not pumping or it can cut the switched live to the boiler.

The latter is my preferred choice. This means connecting the switched live to the the common and linking the normally closed to the boiler firing terminal.

If you are going to have this done when having your new boiler installed though it may be easier to raise boiler and it's one less thing to go wrong if you can do it without a pump. It won't cost much more to have it done though at the same time as installation. I would normally only charge for the pump and no additional labour if it's straight forward running the connection to drain.

How soon are you looking to get this done as it will be easier getting a gas engineer out to have a look at this and give you some advice.

What's your location as someone on here may be able to help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back