Condensate pipe blocked again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is 5 years old, in the last 18 months the condensate pipe has blocked 4 times in my combi boiler.

Keep having to pay call out charges for someone to come out and wet and vac the pipe. Why is it continously clogging? Its a new build house and was put in when the house was built.

When the boiler is about to light it makes a horrendous groan which shakes the walls then once its lit its absolutely fine, but 50% of the time when the flame relights it does the same groan/house shake. This comes from nowhere one day then stays like that until the pipe is cleared. Its usually in combination with a flame failure error F2 (IDEAL LOGIC COMBI 35)

It was only 2 months ago i had to replace water pressure sensor as that went aswell, having a nightmare with it.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
you need someone familiar with setting this boiler up, I would recommend a fixed price repair from Ideal , if it is installed wrong on a new build you want the manufacturer behind you, to get it sorted out

Sponsored Links
you need someone familiar with setting this boiler up, I would recommend a fixed price repair from Ideal , if it is installed wrong on a new build you want the manufacturer behind you, to get it sorted out
If it was installed wrong though surely i would have no recourse 5 years down the line? Especially since it hasent been serviced for the past 2 years.

If it was installed wrong though surely i would have no recourse 5 years down the line? Especially since it hasent been serviced for the past 2 years.
one can only give the correct advice, it is up to you if you act on it, probably best if you just keep asking till you get the answer you want to hear, your boiler is either not installed properly or not burning correctly, but keep asking and someone will tell you to press a magic button that will solve everything

one can only give the correct advice, it is up to you if you act on it, probably best if you just keep asking till you get the answer you want to hear, your boiler is either not installed properly or not burning correctly, but keep asking and someone will tell you to press a magic button that will solve everything

Mrs Dilalio used to have a magic button... feck knows where that went... I'd get a replacement but I think they're now obsolete !! :unsure::whistle:

Mrs Dilalio used to have a magic button... feck knows where that went... I'd get a replacement but I think they're now obsolete !! :unsure::whistle:

Depending on the model, they come with either built in obsolescence or a cloaking device for said button. I haven't been close enough to Mrs Dilalio to tell, but SWMBO here is a definite owner of a cloaking device that would make a Romulan blush.

You did not ask for legal advice.
Why do folk looking for free advice take an attitude,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back