Condensate pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My condensate pipe runs directly into my outside downpipe. I need to replace the downpipe as it's blocked and wonky. When the condensate pipe is disconnected will my boiler stop working? Will it be an easy job to connect the pipe to the new downpipe?

Sponsored Links
Boiler wont stop working provided it can still discharge the condensate. Technically the condensate drain is part of the flue system, but if you're just disconnecting and rejoining the discharge end externally I dont see it as being an issue.

What downpipe is it?

It will just be a regular downpipe. At the moment the condensate pipe goes straight in the side (done that way by British Gas engineers when boiler installed). Should I try to make some kind of proper junction with the downpipe when it's in place?

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks, that's what I saw a picture of. May be the safest way to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back