COndensate pipe for boiler in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having my boiler re located into the garage and need some advice on the best approach for the condensate pipe:-

- To connect into the house waste is possible but would need a condensate pump in the garage as the connection would be into the 1st floor bathroom waste just after the shower trap. I am a little nervous that using a condensate pump in the garage could end up with the pump freezing.

- The other option I am considering is to connect into a rainwater downpipe that is only about 1 metre from where the boile ris going and woudl require only about 3 inches of external pipework. The problem I have is the downpipe is square and I cant find anything suitable to connect into it. I may even consider buying a frost protection cable to attach to the condensate pipe.

Any advice on the best way forward is appreciated. I dont want to end up with a frozen condensate pipe this winter.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Buy a solvent overflow tank connector, drill and stick to the down pipe, let it set properly, and then connect and lag.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back