Condensate pipe

cheap an nasty sime, fitted very badly, what you can see is the moss from the roof that has come back up from the soak away, it took awhile to clean it all up but it did work, obviously I corrected the condensate, something had started to grow on top of the burner!!!, it had been like that for a few days as the owners where on there holidays.

Sponsored Links
All the more reason to use an air break between condense discharge pipe & appliance condense outlet.
I tend to use hep valve or air break depending on boiler. some manus dont like air breaks indoors, and BG have a nasty habit of Id ing em :evil:
you cant of course account for someone elses install when your doing repairs though ;) hope they keep doing it, its good for business.

Most manufactures prefer condensate waste to be run internally & discharged via a washing machine standpipe or similar (air break) , i understand your comment regards BG. ;)

that is what I did, there was an internal stack right next to it, so went into the stack via a washing machine upstand, bit of a swine getting it in but i didnt fancy going straight into the stack just incase!!!

Am yet to see a boiler filled with **** but am sure someone has had the pleasure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back